With more than 2 billion users globally, WhatsApp is the most popular social media messaging application. WhatsApp users are by all accounts on the rise, so far, in 2019, 68.1 million U.S. cell phone users got to WhatsApp to impart, and this figure is projected to rise to 85.8 million users by 2023.
In an update, WhatsApp has presented another feature that has made it simple for its users to send numerous messages without typing. The new feature is called Dictation. It allows you to talk messages into your portable microphone, then, at that point, convert them into text.
It’s not always easy to type messages. Indeed, it can regularly be slower in case you’re attempting to tell somebody a great deal of data rapidly – which is the reason voice messages are currently so well known. Yet, not every person likes getting voice messages since it’s not generally helpful to pay attention to them. That is why WhatsApp has now added a speech-to-text feature that will transform your verbally expressed words into a text message.
All thanks to the digital assistants, WhatsApp users can now send a lot of messages without typing them. Users simply need to request that the virtual assistant send a WhatsApp message, and it’s done.
This feature is accessible on both iOS and Android. This is an advantageous method of sending messages when you are occupied or not in a situation to type a message, but rather still need to communicate something specific.
One can even request that the digital assistants read out messages for you, yet the virtual assistant will request certain consent, which you should give assuming you need the assistant to manage your job. You should offer admittance to your telephone’s notifications.
For this, Google will show a message, which says, “to hear your messages, schedule occasions, and other significant information, give the Google application admittance to your notifications.” Don’t stress. You can generally change this in the settings. You should simply go to the Notification segment in the settings and cripple notification access for Google.
How to use WhatsApp Dictation
- To start with, go into the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and ensure you have the most recent version of WhatsApp installed.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Open a talk with the reach you need to address.
- Open up the talk console, where you’d ordinarily type messages.
- Search for a microphone icon (not the one close to the visit bar) on Android, it’s dark and in the upper right, and on iPhone, it’s in the exceptionally base right of the screen.
- If you need a comma and question mark, simply say “comma” or “question mark” aloud. It’s a similar story for adding “full stop.”
- Whenever you’ve completed your message, check it and afterward hit send.
Presently, assuming you need to send messages on WhatsApp without typing, then continue to read to find out how you can send messages with the assistance of Google Assistant.
How this new Feature Functions with the Assistance of Google Assistant
To utilize this new feature, First, you need to introduce the Google Assistant application on your cell phone if you can’t gather it simply by saying, “Hello Google.” On your Android phone or tablet, you can likewise contact and hold the Home catch to enact Google Assistant. When you introduce it, tap on the “Open” catch and say “Hello Google.” After that, the digital assistant will react to you. You would then be able to say, “Send a WhatsApp message to XXXX (name).” You should specify the name of the get in touch with you need to make an impression on. Google Assistant will get some information about what should be referenced in the message. The virtual assistant will then, at that point, type and show the message. When the Google Assistant says that the message is ready to send, you simply need to say, “OK, send it.” And your message will be sent. The subsequent time, the assistant may straightforwardly send the message.
Tips and Tricks
- It’s additionally best to direct your message in a tranquil spot to allow your microphone the best opportunity of getting your words.
- At the point when you’re talking into the microphone, make sure to speak plainly and articulate words – as transforming speech into text is highly precarious for applications.
- You can generally edit your dictated message before you send it, in any case, to address any typos that might show up.
- The upgrade will be a blessing to those moving, when it very well may be interesting to tap out conversations.
DISCLAIMER of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR PR COMPANY BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR LOST OPPORTUNITIES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES IN ADVANCE AND REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION UPON WHICH ANY SUCH CLAIM IS BASED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF THE CONTENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, AUDIO, PHOTOGRAPHS, AND VIDEOS, OR OF THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR LEGALITY OF ANY STATEMENT MADE IN OR OMITTED FROM ANY advertisement, sponsorship, endorsement, testimonial, opinion, or other product-related or service-related statement or review appearing in the Websites or in ANY post or article distributed via the Websites.