07/09/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
Corning, NY — A work-related accident left a contractor dead when he was electrocuted while working on an electrical pole at a Town of Corning rail yard. The fatal workplace accident occurred just before 4 p.m. on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 at the Baker Street rail yard, reported The-Leader.com.
According to officials, William S. Schaeffer, 52, of Gilbertsville, Pa., came into contact with a charged power line while he was working on an electrical pole, which fatally electrocuted him.
Responding emergency medical crews pronounced Schaeffer dead at the scene and transported his body to the Monroe County Medical Examiner’s Office for an autopsy.
New York State Police, along with the Rural Metro Ambulance, the Corning Fire Department, the Corning Police Department, New York State Electric and Gas and the Norfolk Southern Railroad all responded to the scene and are helping with investigations.
Investigations into the fatal workplace accident are underway.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New York workplace accident lawyers.
Tags: accident, howley, man electrocuted, new york state electric and gas, new york state police, New York workplace accident lawyers, town of corning, work related accident, workplace accident
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News